The Media Analyst will work integrally with media and account teams to support data analysis and performance tracking for the advancement of client business. The analyst will employ various analytical methodologies to reach client objectives.
The Media Analyst will participate in internal account and media team meetings to explain recommended views of data analytics. He/She is responsible for coordination between account management, the media department, operations and research to ensure analytical projects are effectively delivered on time. The Media Analyst also represents the analytics department and agency in regular client meetings, communicating analytical insights, and collaborating on data collections.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes clients’ historical sales and marketing data for the creation of predictive models that forecast performance
- Performs time series analyses and forecasts based on seasonality, trend, and cyclicality
- Oversees the tracking/reporting of client data on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to assess campaign performance and recommend related strategies
- Provides statistical guidance such as statistical viability on client media tests
- Play an integral role in supporting new business initiatives through demonstration of analytical capabilities
- Supports the marketing research functions of the department through statistical recommendations where necessary
- Follows all company health and safety procedures
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned
The Analyst will participate in internal account and media team meetings to explain recommended views of data analytics. He/She is responsible for coordination between account management, the media department and research to ensure analytical projects are effectively delivered on time. The Analyst may also communicate directly with clients to address key questions and deliver important insights.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) required. Master’s degree (M.A., M.S., MBA, etc.) preferred.
1-3 years related experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSA’S)
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Advanced knowledge of concepts and practices with the ability to use in diverse business situations
The Media Analyst will demonstrate:
- Extensive knowledge of econometric modeling to forecast client performance as predicted by various variable inputs (media spend across mediums, marketing efforts, seasonality, competitor actions, etc.) with the intention of maximizing client return on investment across all channels
- Exceptional understanding and ability to apply quantitative market research techniques and analytics to solve complex business and marketing challenges
- Exceptional knowledge and experience in advanced statistical computation using SPSS
- Strong skills in communication including presentation skills and ability to persuade others in a multifunctional team environment
- Strong abilities to analyze and interpret raw data and make sound recommendations to senior executive teams and clients
- Intermediate to expert level Excel skills required; beginner to intermediate level knowledge of Visual Basic a definite plus
LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business
correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Execute Econometric Modeling using Time Series Data
Apply Advanced Statistical computation (both theory and applied) using SPSS
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Media Analyst must be able to take complex analytics and present them in terms of sound recommendations (in a comprehensible manner) for senior executives and clients