Overstock.com Posts 503% Net Income Increase in 2013
Overstock.com just announced their 2013 financial results, and the numbers look fantastic!
Total revenue for the year increased 19% over 2012. In total, Overstock had $1.3 billion in revenue in 2013.
Gross profit increased by 25% up to $247.7 million and net income increased an astronomical 503% up to $88.5 million.
Some Key Stats from Overstock’s 2013 Financial Report
- Marketing and sales expenses increased by 44% from $63.5 in 2012 to $91.6 million in 2013.
- The average order size increased 17% from 2012. It rose up to $158 from $135.
- The total number of orders placed on Overstock increased by 2%.
- Diluted Earnings per Share increased from $0.62 per share in 2012 to $3.64 per share in 2013. That’s an increase of 487%.
- General/Administrative/Technology expenses rose 14% over 2012, up to $140 million.
Some Key Stats from Overstock’s Q4 2013 Financial Report
- Revenue increased 16% over Q4 2012. It rose to $396.7 million from $342 million.
- Gross margin increased from 17.9% to 18%.
- Gross profit increased from $61.2 million to $71.7 million.
- Sales and marketing expenses increased 52% over Q4 2012. The expense rose from $20.6 million to $31.2 million.
- Net income rose a staggering 737% to $73.6 million from $8.8 million in Q4 last year.
- Diluted Earnings per Share increased from $0.37 per share in Q4 2012 to $3.01 per share in Q4 2013. That’s an increase of 714%.
Ocean Media has provided Overstock.com with media planning and media buying services for 10 years, helping them grow to become one of the leading shopping destinations on the web. Learn more about Overstock in the latest commercial from our media buying campaign: