eHarmony.com's Media Buying and Media Planning Case Study:
Our Meda Agency has been working with eHarmony since 2002. They originally started with a $150K test campaign but had a host of reservations:
- TV is too expensive
- Difficult to measure
- Hard to execute
We managed to debunk those myths.
Where did we take them?
- They became the #1 player in the serious relationship dating category and #2 in the overall U.S. online dating market
- Achieved ~60% unaided brand awareness with adults and ~90% with singles
- They became the #1 Trusted Online Relationship Service
- Responsible for 2% of all marriages in the United States today at the time
- Many happy couples!!
How did we do it?
- Tracked pixels on TV ads (CMR/BVS)
- Developed data repository
- Tracked ad components (creative, spot length, network, day part, etc)
- Determined relationship between ad airings and website activity
- Developed direct response and time series perspective
- Calculated cost of acquisition for registrants (leads) and subscribers
- Comprehended response rates and impact of specific advertising units